My Library Account
- A resident or property owner of the Aurora Public Library District, APLD, which includes Caesar Creek, Center, Clay, Hogan, Manchester, Sparta or Washington Townships in Dearborn County, Indiana.
- A member of the Lawrenceburg Public Library District can become a reciprocal borrower with the Aurora Public Library District.
- A member of a home Library that participates with the Indiana State Reciprocal Program.
- An Ivy Tech student presenting their current student ID.
- Indiana residents with a current PLAC, Public Library Access Card. PLAC cards can be purchased by patrons having a home Library card for a fee. Present the PLAC card and obtain a APLD card for the same time period.
- All Staff Members
A Non-Resident card is available for $55.00. This fee is based upon the Indiana State Library Law formula. It is valid for a year and allows full Library use for patrons 18 years or older, or with parental/legal guardian signature for patrons 17 years and younger.
To get a Library card, you must meet one of the criteria above for membership, provide a photo ID and proof of your current address (any piece of mail, utility bill, lease agreement or other official document which has your name and address)
You will need to come into either the Aurora or Dillsboro Public Libraries with this information and fill out a membership form.
Patrons under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian with them to sign their membership form. The patron must be able to print their name. Ultimately, the parent or guardian is responsible for materials checked out on this card.
A personal identification number (PIN) is a numeric password used to access your Library account online. You will be asked to set a PIN when you get your Library card. A PIN can be added to your membership in the Library or over the phone at any time. Your PIN can be used to access your account online to reserve or renew materials. You can also use it to access eBooks and Audiobooks through Libby.
If you forget your PIN, you can reset it by visiting the library or giving us a call!
Library cards expire every year so we can update your contact information. If you have moved or changed a phone number, it gives us an opportunity to keep your information current so that we can reach you to provide the best customer service to you. You can renew your card in person at one of our branches or over the phone.
Paid memberships do expire one year from the date that you received it. We are able to renew your non-resident membership with payment of the fee to continue your Library services.
If you have lost your Library card, contact the Library immediately to report it as lost or stolen.
You are responsible for all items checked out on your Library card, so make your report as soon as possible. Library staff will block access to your account.
Stop by the Library at your earliest convenience to request a replacement card at the Circulation desk. The first replacement card is free. Any replacement after that is $1.00. Please bring an ID with you when requesting your replacement card.
Your Library card number will change when it is replaced. This may affect your access to existing holds or items through Libby.
There are numerous reasons why you might not be able to log into your online account.
First, verify your Library card number. This is the number that appears under the barcode on the back of your Aurora Public Library District card. Type the number with no spaces.
You will also need to know your PIN to log into your account. Try double checking what you typed in as your PIN.
If neither of these work, please contact us and we will troubleshoot the problem and get your account back up and running. Your account might have expired and just needs to be verified and updated.
Borrowing, Returning, Renewing
Most items in the Library can be checked out for 2 weeks and can be renewed 2 times as long as another patron is not waiting for the item. The exceptions are DVDs and Blu-rays which can be checked out for 1 week and cannot be renewed.
You can check out 10 items per section of the Library. For example, you can check out 10 picture books, 10 adult fiction, 1o juvenile nonfiction and so on. The exception to that rule is only 2 DVDs and 2 Blu-rays are allowed to be checked out at a time.
You can always give us a call and we will be happy to place a hold for you!
To place a hold online:
- Search for the item in our online catalog
- Once you have located the item you need, click on the “Place Hold” button
- Enter your Library card number and PIN number and click “Log In”
- Select a branch the Pick Up Location drop down
- Select “I want the first available copy”
- Click “Submit Hold”
- A staff member will call you when your item is available for pick up
You can always give us a call and we will renew your items for you!
To renew online:
- Visit our online catalog and click “Log In” in the top right corner
- Login with your Library card number and PIN number
- Click on “Your Name’s Account” in the top right corner
- Click on the “Account Activity” tab
- Click the “Renew Loan” button under the title you would like to renew
Items checked out from the Aurora Public Library District can be returned at either Aurora or Dillsboro Library. Book Drops are provided for after-hours returns for your convenience. At Aurora, the Book Drop is at the edge of the sidewalk at the street level entrance. At Dillsboro, the Book Drop is in the wall of the Library building on the parking lot side.
We no longer charge fines for overdue items! You will only be charged for items that are lost or damaged.
Unfortunately, we cannot purchase every title that has been published. We use reviewing tools to help with selecting items for our collection. If you have a suggestion for purchase, please let a staff member at the circulation desk know, or feel free to Contact Us.
We only accept used item donations at certain times. Please see our Donation Policy for more information.
Yes, a memorial gift or an in honor gift are wonderful ways to remember someone. From these monetary gifts, material purchases will be selected as outlined in the Board Policy.
Please fill out this form and send it with your donation.
We have a book sale once or twice a year at our Dillsboro Branch. Check out our Calendar for those dates.
There is a comment box at each branch for your written comment. You can also Contact Us through email.