I am in a spot in life where I couldn’t tell you the last day that I read a book! I know, how horrible! I am struggling with it! So I wanted to learn how to read more and came up with these five tips.
- THROW YOUR PHONE IN THE TRASH!
- Actually, you can put your phone on silent mode or airplane mode so there aren’t any distractions.
- CARRY A BOOK WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES!
- Whether the book is on your tablet or it’s a book, it doesn’t quite matter.
- HAVE ANOTHER BOOK READY AND PICKED OUT BEFORE YOU FINISH THE ONE YOU ARE READING!
- Check out three or four books from your library, load up your ereader, or even make a stack of your own books!
- IF YOU AREN’T ENJOYING A BOOK, STOP READING IT!
- Life is too short to continue reading a book that you aren’t interested in or liking.
- SCHEDULE TIME FOR YOU TO READ!
- Schedule an hour a day, Whether its during commutes, lunch breaks, waking up early, or even getting into bed early!
Reading is important especially to bibliophiles. When you feel stressed and feel like you don’t have time to read a book, your world could potentially become chaotic. Yet, when you do finally pick up a book and set aside time to read it, life starts to make sense again.