Join us for our Hoosier Reading Challenge on Beanstack! Now through December 31st, every time you read or listen to a book by an Indiana author you can track it on the Beanstack app to earn chances to win our prize giveaway! There will be four challenges: ages 0-7, ages 8-13, ages 14-18, and ages 19+. There will be one winner per age group.
How to Sign Up
Account Set-Up Instructions
If you already have a Beanstack account from Summer Reading, skip to the Tracking and Challenge Instructions.
1. Download the Beanstack Tracker app from your app store or visit eapld.beanstack.org.
2. If using a desktop computer, skip to step 6, otherwise tap Let’s Go!
3. Choose the School, Library, or Bookstore option
4. Tap on Find a Site
5. Search for Aurora Public Library. Make sure to select the one in Indiana!
6. Click Sign Up and follow the prompts to create your account and add readers.
* You may add more than one reader to the same account. For example, one account may include a parent and two children, two parents and one child, two adults with no children, etc.
*Parents who do not wish to participate in the challenges should register themselves as Nonreaders and add their children as Readers. This will allow the parent to track their children’s reading, but will not give them the option to track their own.
Tracking and Challenge Instructions
1. Once you are registered, the correct challenge will automatically populate based on the participant’s age. Click or tap on the challenge to join it. Once you join a challenge, you will see all the badges as well as instructions on how to earn them. There are two types of badges.
a. Logging Badges: These are earned by logging your reading. To log, tap on the + Button and select Reading. Choose the correct Reader or multiple Readers if everyone read together. You can search by the book title, scan the ISBN, or enter the information manually.
b. Challenge Badges: These two badges are earned at the beginning and end of the challenge. You will automatically earn the first badge when you join the challenge and the second one when you earn all the logging badges.
2. Every time you earn a badge, you will automatically be entered into the prize drawing. The Beanstack app will randomly choose a winner from the entries accumulated over the course of the challenge.
*If you have multiple Readers on the account you can switch between Readers by tapping on the circle in the top right-hand corner.
Please see a staff member if you have any questions or need assistance with the app.
Find more adult recommendations here.
Find more teen recommendations here.
Find more juvenile recommendations here.
Find more children’s recommendations here.