Let’s see how your answers stacked up with the correct ones from the previous blog. Ready?
- Anne Shirley, the star of the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery.
- Sherlock Holmes, the most popular detective from various works by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Huckleberry Finn, from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- Elizabeth Bennet, from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
How many of these did you get right? On to the next section!
- Lennie Small, from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Bonus: The name of Lennie’s protector is George Milton, the other half of the duo.
- Buck, from The Call of the Wild, which is widely regarded as Jack London’s masterpiece.
- Jim Hawkins, the thirteen-year-old protagonist of Robert Lewis Stevenson’s Treasure Island.
- Jean Louise “Scout” Finch, the young star of To Kill a Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.
What about the next section? Did you guess the owners of the quotes?
- Holden Caulfield, the “phony” of J.D. Salinger’s beloved novel The Catcher in the Rye. (One of my all-time favorites!)
- Jane Eyre, the titular character of Charlotte Brontë’s only novel of the same name.
- Gandalf the Wizard, of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings series.
- Jo March, one of the March sisters in Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.
How did you do? How many of these classics have you read? I’d love to know!