The Aurora Public Library District is ready to welcome everyone to a fantastic summer program! You may pick up information about the June and July programs beginning on May 25th at any of our branches. The 2017 theme is “Build a Better World”, and our programs and book suggestions will revolve around how we, as a community, can do this. Some of the programs you can look forward to are:
- Pop-Up with Books programs in community parks
- Programs for children of all ages at the Dillsboro Public Library on Tuesday afternoons and at the Aurora Public Library on Wednesday afternoons
- Teen programs at the Aurora Public Library on Thursday evenings
- Patron Perk Days, where you get a prize for wearing the bracelet you will be given at the beginning of the summer
- A Community Concert by Matthew Ball at the Local History Library @ the Depot
- A performance by the Kentucky Shakespeare Company
- Children’s musician Tom Sieling
- Block Parties presented by the Purdue Extension Service
- A Community Celebration at both Dillsboro and Aurora
- Bi-Okoto Music and Movement Workshop for teens
- The Wump Mucket Puppet Show
In addition to these programs which are open to everyone, we will also be offering four programs which will require advance registration. We anticipate these programs filling up quickly, so don’t delay in calling to reserve your spot!
June 15th at the Dillsboro Public Library: Create a fused glass pendant. This will be presented by The Framery and is open to adults only.
June 15th and June 29th at the Aurora Public Library: Create a Mixed-Media Art Journal, presented by Librarians Kim and Ashton. This program is open to both teens and adults and is a two day project, so please plan on attending both days.
July 13 at the Local History Library @ the Depot: Roy will be presenting an Introduction to Ancestry.com. Open to adults only.
July 21 at the Aurora Public Library: Marge Beinkemper will be presenting a Paint Party for adults only. Marge will lead you through the creation of a beautiful riverscape.
Each day that you visit the library from May 25 until the end of the Summer Reading Program, you will get a ticket to enter a drawing for one of our terrific prizes. Make sure to stop by often to increase your odds of winning a prize! Prizes will be on display at both the Aurora and the Dillsboro Branches throughout the program.
Keep checking the web page and the Library Facebook page for more information and pick up a copy of our newsletter at any branch. We hope that you will build your summer around our programs as we work together to “Build a Better World”.