The day is nigh. On December 16, the new Star Wars series is set to be released into theaters, and I personally cannot wait for it! So here’s ten things you need to know about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- This is the first stand alone film revolved around the Star Wars world.
- This movie takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It essentially creates the story we read on the opening crawl of A New Hope.
- No Jedi’s. Rogue One will focus on the human side of things. So the force will not be with us.
- The main character: Jyn Erso is speculated to be Rey’s mother from episode seven.
- No C-3P0, instead we have K-2S0. He’s supposed to be fun and more witty than his counterpart.
- New movie, new planet. This movie focuses on a new planet called Scariff, in which the death star orbits as it’s being created.
- If you’re an Anakin lover, then you’ll be happy because Darth Vader is back!
- Gareth Edwards is the director instead of George Lucas, though George Lucas approves of the movie!
- There is a chance that Rogue One will tie in with the television show Star Wars: Rebels, as they take place in the same time.
- Jyn Erso’s father is played by Mads Mikkelson whose character is a scientist who is believed to have created the Death Star.
Though all of our long time favorite characters won’t be with us in this film, it aspires to be just as amazing as the original Star Wars.